As the Fed Statement after the Policy meeting Tuesday shows, there is nothing of note that bothered the Fed nor did it think anything of adding a pertinent buying of MBS bonds regardless of Citi and Bill Gross moving on it in real time and noises that the same has to come before January ends. The Fed in the meantime keeps buying MBS from extinguished MBS cash and rolling over Treasuries maturing. ( The complete texthere) Zerohedge shows and we aver this means that Foreing investors looking to buy US paper are attracted to it but US funds and markets do not think anything less than QE3 will give them the breath to go on.
A spineless market as you would expect after $2 tln in QE2 In fact those interested in calculations add the tota lstimulus number to a confounding $28.6 Tln
FOMC done its part, the wild west moves on to attacking Europe feeling curiously happy and no wtakin gon the next of the best JP Morgan
- No QE3 from FOMC, yet (ritholtz.com)
- Analysis: FOMC Wasn’t Ready to Ease or to Send Easing Signal (forexlive.com)
- A busy fortnight: Treasury’s slam dunk on 7 auctions (advantages.us)
- Dear FOMC, don’t twist, solve clogged home financing instead (tradingfloor.com)
- FX Update: JPY and CHF falter ahead of FOMC (tradingfloor.com)